With the keys to our Chelsea Market location officially handed over and our launch date quickly approaching, our team is full-speed ahead with the design and planning process for our second location opening this fall.
We still can’t believe that this is going to be our second location. It’s a landmark to the Big Apple, and we can’t wait to show you what we have in store (literally and figuratively) for you.
A few facts about Chelsea Market:
- An average of 9 million people walk through its doors each year
- Visitors consist of roughly 50% locals and 50% tourists! We can’t wait to meet new Neighbors from all over the world
- It’s one of the largest indoor food halls in the world
- It was originally constructed in the 1890s and was the site of where the first Oreo was invented and produced
Last week, a few members of our team made a trip to New York to check up on our Chelsea Market location, source some inspiration, meet with some exciting brands, and continue the planning process for the store design and new restaurant concept!
Brooke Davis, our Creative Manager, who is a huge part of the ideation and planning process for this location, documented one of her days during the trip to give us all a BTS look at the design and concept planning surrounding upcoming our NYC location. Follow along on our Insta Stories now or see it whenever you’d like on our “Meet Your Neighbors” Stories highlights!
Get to know Brooke, her concepting and design process, and some of her favorite Goods:
1) What's your role and what does that entail?
I am the Creative Manager for Neighborhood Goods! My role in the design department is to concept and design larger-scale projects within the Neighborhood Goods brand. I focus on developing our identity and expanding the brand to new locations. I am able to work with each department in the company which makes my role really exciting and always changing.
2) What are you most excited about the NYC location?
Chelsea Market attracts so many national and international visitors and is one of the most trafficked destinations in New York. I am excited to have the opportunity to reach and engage with so many different types of people through our brands, events, and restaurant!
3) What are you most excited about working on?
I love branding, which is what my background is in, so I can’t wait to develop and design our new restaurant brand.
4) Where do you find your inspiration?
I am a collector, especially when I am traveling. Anytime I see something that inspires me or a beautiful tactile piece, I’ll take a photo or put it in my backpack. I have a collection of matchbooks, coasters, and other branded pieces in my desk drawer that always come in handy.
5) What's your go-to coffee order?
Iced latte with almond milk
6) Who or what do you listen to while working?
I love making playlists, so I have one specific to work and when I need to be in the zone, mostly consisting of Sylvan Esso and Tame Impala.
7) Favorite spots in NYC so far:
Buvette in West Village, Rowan and Williams Guild in Soho, and The Ludlow in the Lower Eastside.
Shop Brooke's Picks: