Neighborhood Goods is a new type of department store, featuring an ever-changing selection of the world’s most thoughtful, progressive, and exciting brands.
The company’s first location at Legacy West in Plano, Texas opened in November 2018, where it now features over 50 active brands, in addition to its own restaurant, robust weekly event programming, and more.
Neighborhood Goods will open in New York, NY in 2019 and, amongst others, Austin, Texas in 2020.
- Neighborhood Goods was co-founded by Matt Alexander and Mark Masinter. The company was initially incorporated on August 3, 2017 with Matt Alexander serving as CEO and President.
- On May 31, 2018, Neighborhood Goods announced it has raised $5.75 million of seed funding, led by Forerunner Ventures and with participation from Global Founders Capital, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, Maveron, CAA, and more.
- In September 2018, Neighborhood Goods announced that it would be opening its first location at Legacy West in Plano, Texas, whilst also unveiling its restaurant concept, Prim and Proper. Rather than launching with a previously-planned line-up of 10-15 brands, the company announced it was launching with over 30, including Stadium Goods, Buck Mason, MeUndies, Hubble, Hims, Draper James, Primary, and more.
- Neighborhood Goods opened its first location in Plano, Texas on November 17, 2018, in addition to launching on the web and the Apple App Store.
- On February 21, 2019, Neighborhood Goods announced it had expanded its seed round to $14.5 million with a new round led by Global Founders Capital and would be opening a second location in New York. In June, the company announced that they would be located at the entrance to Chelsea Market.
- In September 2019, Neighborhood Goods announced it had raised $11 million, led by Global Founders Capital, for its Series A, in addition to announcing its third planned opening on South Congress in Austin, Texas.
If you’re interested in contacting Neighborhood Goods regarding a story or media piece (or if you’re seeking official brand assets), please reach out to email@example.com.