Making the Most of Mom's Day
Moms, on any average day, wear multiple hats. From comforter, philosopher, teacher, chef, referee, confidant, and friend, moms do a lot for those around them. There are also grandparents, stepmoms, aunts, foster moms, moms-to-be, and mother-figures in our lives that hold the weight of the world and we don’t know where we would be without them. This year, Mother’s Day looks different. On top of the other roles moms have, many are now homeschooling and working from home -- some at the same time! If you normally wait until the last minute to figure out what you’re doing for Mother’s Day, this year would be a good idea to put in a little extra elbow grease.
Here are a few ideas for making the day all about mom:
- If you need more gift ideas to celebrate the moms and mom-figures in your life, head over to this For Mom collection where our gift giving experts put together some sure-fire options. One of the most innovative items in this collection is Homesick’s Thank You, Mom candle because its packaging provides space for you to write a sweet note to her!
- If you are looking for cards to send to the moms in your life, take a look at some of the heart-warming designs from Good Juju. And while you’re at it, don’t forget that Father’s Day is coming up on June 21!
- Send some love the form of beautiful flowers with Urban Stems! They have a new spring collection featuring peonies and delicate pinks. A great option you live states away or cute surprise if you are sheltering under the same roof. Use the code GOODS15 for 15% off (valid 5/1-5/10).
- If you live near our Legacy West location, Prim and Proper is doing curbside breakfast in bed from 10am to 1pm on May 9th and 10th. What's on the menu? Hand-Battered French Toast with Blackberry Drizzle, House Whipped Cream, Grade A Maple Syrup, Thick Cut Bacon, Fresh Berry Parfaits, Assorted Pastries, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, Mimosa Kit. Feeds 4 for $40.
- Dog moms deserve some love too! Check out our A Little Pick-Me-Up Bundle that features a book about dogs, a bath soak, a quirky candle, and a hat with a good mantra.
- Get all of your shopping done at one time with the Goods for Mom Bundle. Tell her what she means to you with a sentimental candle, some coffee table flair, and a cute little mug for her favorite morning ritual.
To give you some added inspiration, we asked moms that work at Neighborhood Goods to pull together some gifts that are on the top of their lists this Mother’s Day (and you can bet they’re sharing this link with their families):
Mari and Marisa
Her daughter regularly acts as her makeup artist for Zoom meetings (and she does a great job).
"Whether in Dallas, Los Angeles or traveling in between…my skin gets thirsty! This product really helps my skin feel hydrated. I gave it as a gift to my Mom and sister a few months ago, they love it too!"
"I love having candles in every room of the house. These candles are so pretty, smell great and you can feel good about burning them, they use sustainably sourced palm wax blend, ecologically-sound manufacturing, and are free of phthalates & parabens. I have burnt through most of my candles while home so hoping my girls buy me a new set for Mother’s Day."
"Who doesn’t love a great baseball hat (especially these days!)? This one is definitely a favorite of mine. I left mine in Dallas so asking for another one for Mother’s Day! It fits great, cute and when purchased now, a donation will be made to COVID-19 Response Fund."
Our teammates would collect their happy meal toys, after lunch, for her to give to her son.
“It’s always good to refresh mom’s pampering items.”
“Because a dainty chain is an everyday wearable for every mom!”
“It’s a great excuse to take time for yourself to wind down.”
She recently teamed up with her son to learn how to dance the macarena backwards.
“Will always be a forever fan of Monocle! I find myself thumbing through old issues often, and with an 8 year old, it’s a super quick way to get a lens on what’s happening culturally around the globe.”
Food 52 Silicone Spoons- If you live near our Austin or Legacy West location, you can buy this online and pick up in store.
“I'm upping my baking game right now. The terracotta color is on point.”
“These are gold, not only are they cute - they seriously save your eyes after a long day of screen time. Game changer.”
One of her favorite things to do with her daughter is going on a cupcake date to Society Bakery.
“Truth be told, I’m usually rushing out the door because the kids took longer doing, well, almost everything. :) These days, it’s rushing to a Zoom call! Either way, this hat saves me at least a few precious minutes - and from a horrific hair day. Even better, the positive expression makes me smile and is a nice pick-me-up - especially in this unique and a bit more stressful time.”
“This is by far my favorite NG purchase ever. These shoes are so comfortable, breathable, washable - and match everything in my closet. They’re just easy.”
“These are super lightweight and the price point is perfect.”
Whatever you decide to do for Mother’s Day, there’s one thing that’s certain to make her day: give her a call and tell her you love her.